Thursday, May 24, 2012

Joy

Tonight my daddy says" Count it ALL joy"

Literally that's all he says and then instantly I am taken back to one of my favorite songs by Bebe & Cece Winans. " Count it all Joy"

My husband is taken to James 1:2-4 ESV

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

We are in the midst of trial, almost literally now, or will be very soon for the life of my son.

This is so easy to look at the swirling circles and take my eyes off what I am supposed to see.
My point of view has easily been how horrible things are but I must see the sunlight aheadm and change my point of view. Removing my eyes from the swirl and move them to him.

I will find the joy knowing even in all of this he is in control and on the other side, there is good for me and my life.

Lord, I pray you help me find the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment